Good Ab workouts consist of two things; lots of cardio and higher reps with less weight. Abs are a really big muscle group which does not take a whole lot to build up. To get a six pack the idea is not to work your Ab muscles harder, rather to cut body fat off so the abs actually show through. You can have a very strong core but if your body fat is ove %10 nothing will show. This is why I take Nutrilite CLA 500 every day. It cuts off fat all naturally and is the most potent form of CLA you can find at %100 pure. I also stick to this ab workout to keep my core in check:
10-15 min. cardio warm-up
3 sets 20 reps of hanging leg raises (not swings, control your body)
3 sets 20 reps machine crunch (rotate with leg raises)
3 sets 20 reps cable crunch (this should be heavy weight)
3 sets 10 reps cable side chop (ea. side)
3 set Max reps ball leg pulls (exercise ball, legs on top and pull to chest)
After all of this I get my Nutrilite Protein Shake and head out feeling very accomplished (tired). I don't do much cardio so ab days are where I get most cardio. This workout should be fast from one step to the next with less than 30 seconds rest between sets.
No comments:
Post a Comment