Thursday, August 2, 2012
Weighted vests
Weighted vests are a great way to up your body strength. Weigted vest basically give you more all around resistance for each exercise you do. They are typically used for exercises where you only use your own body weight, but even when combining them with strength training exercises they will give you a little added resistance to peak your level of strength and speed. When I competed in sprints in teck I would use the vest to add weight while using the staring block or even while just running around the track. By the time I had to race I felt much lighter and faster than when my training only included my own body weight. I now use the vest for total body strength. Doing workouts with an extra 5-10lbs. of weight lets you reach your maximum level of lifting on days when you are not using the vest as you are much lighter and less constricted. I would recommend using the vest for beginners so they can train muscles to lift more than they will actually need to in competitions or just for recreational contests. Overall it is a good way to get that added boost to any training routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment